2nd Wind Body Science is about anti-aging and pushing past our inborn abilities, environments and whatever “they say.” It is about building resiliency in your body, mind and spirit. Over three decades of training in running, martial arts and the military have taught me:
1. You can build strength and stamina at any shape or age.
2. Persistence and science will beat out talent, education and natural ability.
3. Through training, nutrition and mindset we can push past our genetics.
“Catching your 2nd Wind,” is not just about muscle and flat stomachs. It is about going passed the mediocrity and fear that holds us back to do what we really want to do. There are few things that satisfy me more than watching my clients succeed. For instance:
• Woman in her late twenties, drops 30 pounds and her boyfriend and starts a business.
• Woman in her forties, trapped in a bad relationship, drops 50 pounds, finds new love and opens a new section of her business.
• Woman in her late twenties, takes up kick-boxing, drops weight, earns golden gloves in kick-boxing.
• 64 year old ex-cop, overcomes joint pain, begins working out again. Marries 44 year girlfriend.
• Late twenties fitness instructor, learns western boxing, enters a martial arts tournament for first time. Knocks out two Muay Thai fighters and breaks the nose of another.
• Veterinarian assistant and university student steps in and punches out an assailant who was choking her boyfriend against a wall.
• Man in his late forties, tones up, stops snoring, finds wife has new interest in him.
• School teacher learns kick-boxing, changes career to police officer.
• Overweight 10 year old boy, gets fit enough to kick-box three rounds in a tournament.
• 79 year old woman performs advanced Pilates movements.
• Woman in her mid-twenties, breaks the nose of an assailant.