Welcome to my website and my tried and tested tips on health, physical conditioning, martial arts, self-defence, outdoor skills, cheap living and urban survival. (eg. Night vision.)
Doug performing the L-seat at age 50
Let me share with you tips on how to gain lean muscle, increase flexibility, run faster, eat cheap, overcome common health problems like allergies, sleeping disorders, depression, indigestion and fatigue.
I have served with the Canadian Airborne Regiment and army reserves where I trained in the Arctic Circle and some of the hottest and coldest parts of Canada, in the United States and a peacekeeping tour of Croatia (former Yugoslavia). I have trained well over 350 recruits in fitness, firearms, tactics and outdoor skills.
Winning a full contact kung fu match in Vancouver, Canada
I have also trained in kick-boxing and martial arts, competing in Canada and Hong Kong, studied nutrition and healing and authored several books.
I have helped hundreds of fitness clients reach their fitness goals and improve their lives, including:
- 48 year old woman who dropped 50 pounds and a bad relationship, took up skiing and found the love of her life.
- Prepared for police and military training.
- Gave up pain medicine and fit into a size 3 dress.
- Defended themselves and loved ones.
- Getting stronger, faster and leaner with more endurance.
- Reduced snoring and found their wife “renewing an interest” in them.
Meeting retired LCol Dave Grossman. author of On Killing and The Bullet Proof Mind