Can a 57 year old lady get in shape for her daughter’s wedding in the next 60 days?
60 days. 2 months.
Starting: First week of February, 2020. End date: First week of April, 2020.
Is it doable?
Background: 57 years. Weight: (None of your business). Had and raised four children. Single. Eats irregularly and on-the-run. Some home cooked meals, some fast foods, some chips and snack foods.
1. Occasional visit to a big box gym where you wait in line for equipment while some youngster adjusts their iphone for just the right song.
2. Outrigger paddling club once or twice a week, when it gets warm out in maybe March.
3. Some walking.
Sleep is 6 to 7 hours per night. Television watching is two to five hours per day.
- Reduce all allergic foods that can cause swelling. Namely, beer, bread, pastries, sugar, milk and eggs.
- Increase protein intake and reduce starch.
- Twice a week, perform the Flat Gut After 50 abdominal routine which takes less than 10 minutes at a time.
- Walk five times per week, gym once or twice a week and rejoin outrigger paddling sessions.
Date: 11 Feb, 2020. Will step up the routine next week. Very important to think in terms of progress, not perfection.
Next post, we explore the water-retention of allergic foods, benefits of high protein foods and short cuts to carving out washboard stomach muscles.